A Passion for People
To say that Doris is a “people person” is an understatement. Her clients love her and her friends even more. Doris brings her “carioca” (native of Rio de Janeiro) charm and love of life to everything she does.
Doris as Costume Designer
Doris started designing Brazilian Costumes in the 1990s in Long Beach California under her business name “Samba Collection”. It was quite successful and she became known world-wide for her work.
Doris Costume Highlights
- 1998 Honored as a carnaval artist at UCLA in California as an internationally recognized carnaval artist for the world-wide carnaval arts tour
- 1999 Launch of the Kia Motors “Rio” car in Seoul Korea
- 2010 Rose Parade with 65 costumes on and around the Jack-in-the-Box float
- Costumes on Dancing with the Stars (two times)
- 2012 Chosen by Macy’s to display her costumes as part of Macy’s Brazilian designers theme
- Honda Commerical (2009)
- Honored designer at the Long Beach Fashion Week
- 2014 Super bowl commercial